Jesus, the Rock

Psalm 18:2: The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my Shield and the horn of my Salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 62:2: He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

The Bible describes Christ as our 'rock'. Why is this? To find out why Christ is described as our 'rock' one must look at the Old Testament (OT) at the story of God giving the 10 commandments to Moses. Everything in the OT is paralleled in the New Testament (NT). The OT is natural, that is physical, whilst the NT is spiritual.

Exodus 33:20-22: But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” 21 And the Lord said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. 22 So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by.

God is so perfect and holy that it would of been impossible for Moses, a sinner, to see God face to face. The glory of God would have been deadly to Moses, therefore God instructed Moses to stand in the cleft of the rock. The rock acted as a wall between Moses and God as protection.

Today, Christ is our rock. When we die and stand before God it will be impossible for us, as sinners, to come face to face with the Almighty God. For those who have accepted Christ as their Savior, Christ will act as the spiritual 'rock' that will protect us from God's glory, just as Moses was protected by the physical rock in the OT.

Those who do not have Christ do not have protection and will therefore not be able to come into the presence of God. Instead God will look upon the sins they have committed and will sentence them to hell.

If you do not have Christ today, think again before it's too late. -www.seekgod.com

-BACChristian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gospel's Explained: Mark 7:27-28

Leviticus 25: Jesus in the year of Jubilee

The Lord Giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord