Christianity is a crutch


People often mock Christianity saying it is a crutch for the weak. I agree. Christianity is a crutch for the weak. I recognize that I am very weak in myself, incapable of doing even the small things correctly. I understand the fact that I do need a crutch to support me.

My crutch is the Lord Jesus Christ and I lean on Him everyday. If I didn’t I would surely fall.

If Phillipians 4:13 said, “I can do all things”, it would probably be the most popular verse in the Bible, but Philippians  4:13 doesn’t say that, instead it says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. Matthew 10:27 agrees, stating “with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Christianity is a crutch, however when I lean on my stoop I am higher than all of those around me. People without this crutch go through their whole lives trying to live in their own strength, trying to become something in their own strength, but they will never find true rest. They will never be completely fulfilled. The pressures that life brings will send them into overdrive. The only true rest they find is by resting on the crutch that is the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 12:10 promises “…when I am weak, then I am strong”.

People go their whole lives convincing themselves that they are strong enough to do it alone. They will struggle and strive and never really reach anywhere. I happily admit that I am weak and require a crutch, because it is when I rest upon my crutch that my life is truly fulfilled.

Matthew 11:28 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

-BACChristian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gospel's Explained: Mark 7:27-28

Leviticus 25: Jesus in the year of Jubilee

The Lord Giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord